Is Your LinkedIn Profile The Best It Can Be?
You may be great at marketing on Facebook and Instagram. Maybe you even have a regular following on Twitter or post to visual social networks like Pinterest and YouTube. But when was the last time you updated your LinkedIn profile? If you don’t think of LinkedIn as a lead generation tool, think again. The results of a HubSpot survey of 5,000 companies revealed that LinkedIn produced 277 percent more leads than Facebook and Twitter. In fact, according to Econsultancy, 64% of all visits from social media channels to corporate websites come from LinkedIn.
Keep your other marketing platforms; make sure that LinkedIn is part of your marketing plan.
Seven tips to make spruce up your LinkedIn profile:
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile reflects your personal brand. People do business with people they trust. Therefore, your profile should reflect your experience and expertise. Let your potential clients know who you are and why they should choose you over your competitors.
- Use a Professional Photo. Whether you use a typical business headshot or another professional photograph, make sure it is recent. An advantage to using the same profile photo that you use on other social channels is that you will enforce the consistency of your brand.
- Take the time to make your banner unique. This can be as simple as adding a brand logo or a graphic to outline somebody’s specialties. If you have won an award or don’t be afraid to include that in your cover photo. If you really want your design to stand out, ask a Graphic Designer to help.
- Make Your LinkedIn Headline More Unique. Use action verbs in your header to make your profile stand out.
- Make your summary reflect your professional and personal accolades and accomplishments. Use LinkedIn to show your education, certification, skills, and accomplishments to let your prospects know who you are, what makes you stand out, and show why a potential client would want to do business with you.
- Customize your LinkedIn Profile’s URL. When you optimize your LinkedIn profile with a good profile URL, search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo access your profile.
- Build your network – The success of LinkedIn is all about connections. If you work on building relationships, the leads will come.
At Corbec Media, we can tailor your marketing plan to fit your budget. We focus on results-oriented advertising, public relations, and marketing designed to meet our client’s objectives. By building an effective strategy from the ground up, we grow with you. If you or your company would like a new or updated website, printed or digital advertisement, event promotion, or help with reputation management, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule your free consultation today.